QUEENSBORO DANCE FESTIVAL
Last updated: May 1, 2023
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We use the term “personal information” – also called “personal data” or “personally identifiable information” in the laws of some jurisdictions – to refer to information that reasonably identifies, relates to, describes, or can be associated with you. Data that has been de-identified or that otherwise cannot reasonably be related back to a specific person is not considered personal information.
The following are the categories and types of personal information that we may collect from or about you, depending on how you interact with the Services:
- Identifiers, such as your name and email address;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with an internet website, application, mobile app, or advertisement;
- Financial transaction information related to your donations, such as the last four digits of your credit or debit card, time of donation, and amount of donation; and
- Any other personal information that you voluntarily provide us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information You Provide: We collect personal information that you provide to us directly. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Information you provide when you contact us via email or through other Internet-enabled communications, or provide to us in person or over the telephone;
- Information you provide when you subscribe to one of our Services;
- Details relating to transactions that you carry out through our Services, including any donations that you submit through our third party processor, GiveLively, and any payment or other financial information you provide to GiveLively relating to such donations;
- Any other information that you provide us through the Services.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically: When you visit our Services, we or third parties we work with may automatically collect certain information using technologies such as cookies and other tracking technolo- gies described below.
- Social Media Platforms and Networks: If you interact with us on social media or use features, such as plugins, widgets, or other tools made available by social media platforms or networks (such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube) in connection with our Services, we may collect information that you share with us on social media or that such platforms share with us. Please review the privacy policies and settings of the social media platforms and networks that you use for more information about their privacy practices.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you, which may include:
- Contacting you about and providing you with our Services;
- Responding to your direct inquiries, requests, issues or feedback;
- Adding you to our mailing lists and sending you emails from time to time;
- To provide our products and services, which may include:
- Operating the Services, and providing you with any specific services that you have requested;
- Creating, maintaining, and otherwise managing your subscription;
- Delivering content and service offerings relevant to your interests;
- Processing your donations and providing you with receipts and updates;
- For security and fraud prevention, which may include:
- Helping maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- Internal research; technological development and demonstration; and improving, upgrading, or enhancing our Services;
- Detecting security incidents; protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Investigating suspected fraud, harassment, or other violations of any law, rule, or regulation, or the policies for our Services;
- To comply with legal obligations, which may include:
- Compliance with legal or regulatory obligations, establishing or exercising our rights, and to defending against a legal claim;
- Responding to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, legal process, or governmental regulation;
- Acting in connection with a bankruptcy proceeding or the sale, merger, or change of control of QDF or the division responsible for the services with which your information is associated;
- To support core business functions, which may include:
- Building our list of contacts and subscribers, and tracking where our audience is coming from to gauge QDF’s reach;
- Maintaining records related QDF’s growth and development to report to our grantors and board of directors;
- Providing and provide and maintaining the functionality of our Services, including identifying and repairing errors or problems; and
- For any additional purposes that you specifically consent to.
HOW WE DISCLOSE OR SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who may use your information to provide us with services including, but not limited to: website hosting, information technology services, email delivery services, payment processing, auditing, and anti-fraud monitoring. These service providers may have access to personal information that is necessary to perform their functions, but they are only permitted to do so in connection with performing services for us. They are not authorized by us to use the information for their own benefit.
- Legal Compliance and to Defend Our Rights: We may disclose personal information and other information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our Terms and Conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Business Transfers: We may share your personal information and other information with third parties in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of QDF, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which the assets transferred may include information about the users of our Services.
Please note that if you specifically consent to additional uses of your personal information, we may use your personal information in a manner consistent with that consent.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA SERVICES
The Services may also integrate with social media services. We do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our Services, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third-party services to operate properly and fairly.
You should be aware that any personal information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, forum, social network, or otherwise may be viewed and used by others. By using such features, you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information for as long as your inquiry is active or as needed to provide you with the Services, and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with our standard procedures or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your information, we may continue to retain and use anonymous or aggregate data, or any other data that constitutes non-personal information. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
- Opting Out of Messages: We may send you marketing messages via email. If you receive a marketing message from us, you may unsubscribe from future messages in accordance with our standard unsubscribe process (such as by using the unsubscribe link included in an email). We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Please note that if you opt out in this manner, certain aspects of our services may no longer be available to you.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies: If you would like to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Services or some of its functionality may be affected.
Note that cookie-based opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted out. For example, if you have opted out on your device browser, that opt-out will not be effective on your mobile device. Additionally, if you opt out on one of your devices, that opt out may not be effective on all of your devices. However, please be advised that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on some mobile services.
Some browsers have a Do Not Track (“DNT”) feature that lets users signal to websites that they do not want to have their online activities tracked. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Our Services are intended for users ages 13 and over, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. When we become aware that personal information (or other information that is protected under applicable law) from a child under 13 has been collected, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our databases. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by using the information the section below titled Contacting Us.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, please send us an email at email@example.com.