If you are interested in working with us in the opportunities below, please inquire and let us know your experience by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
Join us outdoors and behind the scenes! Volunteer spots are available at our events for tasks such as:
- Event setup and clean up
- Information point person for audience
- Overseeing information table
- Language translation if you speak another language in addition to English
Volunteering is a fun opportunity to spend summertime outdoors and enjoy our dance programming while learning about event production and the dance community in Queens. You may even visit some places in Queens you haven’t been to before!
New in 2023, we’re seeking to hire 3-4 Ambassadors to represent Queensboro Dance Festival this spring and early summer in several targeted areas of Queens. The Ambassadors will be on the ground in several neighborhoods to establish connections between relevant arts & culture community stakeholders and the Queensboro Dance Festival. Ambassadors will be trained and given information to learn about the festival before going out into the neighborhoods.
- Richmond Hill/Woodhaven/Glendale
- Murray Hill/Auburndale
- Jamaica Estates/Hollis/Kew Gardens Hills
A great QDF ambassador will:
- Be familiar with the target regions or have a motivated interest in Queens to learn more about the region
- Love dance, arts & culture; understand and embody the values and spirit of QDF
- Have community building/advocacy experience
- Be enthusiastic and comfortable talking about it to others
- Have strong social, communication, and networking skills
- Be culturally sensitive and adaptable
- Immerse themselves in the neighborhood culture
Ambassadors will have up to one month this spring/summer to look up and attend at least 3 in-person public events and/or community meetings and put up festival fliers in the area. Ambassadors receive a QDF t-shirt! Compensation is $250. The Ambassador Program is a grant-funded initiative from the Arts Business Collaborative.